- Dry Eye
- Cataract Surgery
- LASIK Surgery
Get to Know Nurse Practitioner Shayna
For nearly 20 years, Nurse Practitioner Shayna Richards has been bringing her talent, expertise, and skill to care for patients at the Davis Eye Center and to assist our ophthalmologists in surgery and treatment.
Shayna began her career as a Certified Ophthalmic Technician, then expanded her role and responsibilities when she obtained her nursing license. Now, Shayna takes great satisfaction in functioning at the provider level in the specialty and practice that she loves. Shayna enjoys working personally with each patient, helping educate them so they are able to make meaningful health decisions that they are comfortable with.
Shayna resides in Stow with her husband and two children. In her spare time, she enjoys working out, reading, and cheering from the sidelines while her children play soccer and perform in marching and concert bands.
Education & Training
- Master of Science, Family Nurse Practitioner Specialty Track
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing
Kent State University
- Associate of Applied Science in Ophthalmic Technology
Lakeland Community College
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Ohio Nurses Association
- Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses
- American Society of Ophthalmic Registered Nurses